Mainstream Media

GLENN BECK: It took me about one year to start hating 9/11 victims’ families.

During his radio show on September 9, 2005, Glenn Beck expressed his pure hatred for the families of the 9/11 victims.

“You know it took me about a year to start hating the 9-11 victims’ families? Took me about a year,” Beck stated. “When I see a 9-11 victim family on television, or whatever, I’m just like, ‘Oh shut up!’ I’m so sick of them because they’re always complaining.”

On Saturday, Beck endorsed Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) for President. This comes after Cruz’s infamous remarks attacking Donald Trump for having “New York values.”

Trump responded to Cruz, by recalling the “New York values” that were revealed during the attacks on the World Trade Center on 9/11.

When Cruz is proudly accepting an endorsement from an unpatriotic jerk that admits to hating 9/11 families, one can only wonder what Cruz actually meant by his “New York values” remark.

36 Comments

36 Comments

1. Peter J Babic

January 24, 2016 9:28 pm at 9:28 pm

Glen Beck is as UN-AMERICAN as a person can be…he should pack his crap and go join ISIS. He is a embarrassment to America…how DARE he say such a hateful thing…maybe he’ll change his tune when he loses one or more family members to a terrorist strike. He calls himself a Christian…I don’t see the light of Christ in him AT ALL~~~ciao’
    P †

• stan williams

January 26, 2016 9:33 am at 9:33 am

he really is a piece of work peter.

• tk

January 26, 2016 8:01 pm at 8:01 pm

You sound like one of those guy’s who say ” he has no right to say something like that” , then rely on the first amendment when backed into a corner for something stupid you said. The premise of this article is all wrong; Beck never said this in that context, check your facts and quit believing everything you read, especially on the net. i would also advise , not to measure “Christ-light” in others , at least til you are ordained,made a saint or become a “God”

• Anne Marie McCann

April 10, 2016 1:16 am at 1:16 am

Screw him and the horse he rode in on! What a pompous moron! How in the name of all that is decent and just does he criticize those who lost their loves, sons, daughters, parents in this barbaric brutal assault? Inhuman! Boycott this utterly disgusting ASS! Get him off the air!
        I don’t care what RIGHT you think he has, what he said is hurtful, painful and disgraceful to all Americans!

• Anonymous

April 12, 2016 9:29 pm at 9:29 pm

But you can say this to others? are you sainted or something? he has a right to say what so ever he feels like saying and yes it was said like this, just like he said if he had a weapon he would keep stabbing Donald Trump, now that is a true Christian? humm makes me wonder what his Gods name is..it sure isnt mine..the ten commandments plainly states thou shall not kill..hummm but lets defend them, my goodness, they say they are christians so by all means, lets put everything they say about someone aside,and sing glory hallelujah..

• JOHN DO DO

April 12, 2016 10:58 pm at 10:58 pm

AND KNOW ONE PUT A BULLET IN THIS GUYS HEAD FOR SAYING THAT , IF TRUMP WOULD OF SAID THAT FORGET ABOUT IT ,,,,, TED AND BECK SHOULD GET HIT BY A BUS PIECES OF SHIT AND PEOPLE LIKE THESE 2 ASSHOLES

2. Cliff

January 24, 2016 10:54 pm at 10:54 pm

Holding a 11 year grudge? Beck is not the same man he was. Most people mature as they get older. To put it more in perspective, expand the timeline… Do you believe now, exactly as you did in the 80’s? Even the 90’s? I don’t know about you, but I’ve changed a lot since then. The whole world has.

• Dude

April 8, 2016 8:51 pm at 8:51 pm

Trust me beck has only changed for the worst he needs to be pistol whipped

3. Dominick

January 24, 2016 11:41 pm at 11:41 pm

sick

4. Googlyman

January 25, 2016 9:48 am at 9:48 am

Would like to hear whole story
    Not a snippet

• Anonymous

January 27, 2016 12:20 pm at 12:20 pm

Yes I would,

5. John G

January 25, 2016 6:07 pm at 6:07 pm

Beck the idiot spouts off again and some like him, this is what’s wrong with America…

6. William Couch

January 25, 2016 8:37 pm at 8:37 pm

If I was the owner of the station, I would’ve walked into the studio with 2 security guards, & !FIRED! him on the spot! Then looked @ the engineer in the next room and told him to kill the mikes & fade to black!!

7. Bryan

January 26, 2016 1:07 am at 1:07 am

I’m willing to bet there is a lot more I this story, as far as context, than Mr Cowger wants you to see.

8. Daisie

January 26, 2016 2:19 am at 2:19 am

This is such a spin. Wow. Your desperation is showing strong. So he hates what 10 families said. I do too. Did you hear those 10 families whine like brats? It was shameful. There will always be those who, when tragedy strikes, rise with quiet strength and handle it, even if it means having years of therapy afterward. And then there are those who whine and complain and make life miserable for all around them. Those are the ones Beck – rightly – complained about. Amen.

• Tommy

April 11, 2016 2:39 pm at 2:39 pm

Daisie if they killed your family you would still be complaining and mad as hell you dam people are sick

• Kathy

April 11, 2016 7:27 pm at 7:27 pm

You are right Tommy. He is ignorant to make such a statement how insulting to the families even if he speaks of ten we are all one. How dare he.

• Anonymous

April 12, 2016 9:44 pm at 9:44 pm

even if they complained to the end of the earth, they are the ones that lost terribly, NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT to say they dislike any of them..that was a terrible tragedy…you and beck should be ashamed of yourselves for even saying that..

• Kathy

May 27, 2016 10:43 pm at 10:43 pm

When you lose someone when they are brutally murdered and you experience it the way we the families did then you have a right to speak of it. All the families did rise in strength and were an example of courage and bravery. Every tragedy is different and this one was an attack on our country thousands murdered. How dare you even speak of any family member complaining. How dare you. You have no right if you did not lose a loved one on 9/11/01. Its a different kind of loss. It was murder. It was mass murder and all of the families are heroes to me as well as the survivors.

• Kathy

December 15, 2016 10:23 pm at 10:23 pm

Daisy you have no idea how we the families think or feel or what we went through and still go through. You would never even utter those words if you lost a son or a daughter a Dad or Mom in a horrific murder or a sibling and got them back in pieces or not at all. Think before you speak. Some people lost multiple family members one man lost two sons. One man lost his wife and daughter! They can complain all they want and it should be ok time doesn’t change it. We do walk with dignity and grace. You have no idea how it feels or what we went through.

9. Anonymous

January 26, 2016 5:37 am at 5:37 am

Beck’s brain disorder never improved….apparently it’s getting worse.

10. George

January 26, 2016 6:02 am at 6:02 am

Stopped listening to Beck a couple of years ago because he became a bleeding heart liberal….thanks but NO THANKS!
    #TRUMP2016!
    #MakeAmericaGreatAgain!

11. Mark J

January 26, 2016 6:55 am at 6:55 am

Beck went on to say during the same segment, “I don’t hate all of the 9/11 families, I only hate about 10 of them.”

Now in context.

12. Michael

January 26, 2016 7:09 am at 7:09 am

I know, I heard the show – that’s when I was done with him –

This guy went from being funny, entertaining, clever and brite to the nutty Professor…

TRUMP!

13. DRiley

January 26, 2016 5:22 pm at 5:22 pm

Beck you are a idiot, my husband when down there after he retired from NYPD as a detective after 33 and half years. To work as security. He did it for a year, came down with cancer and was in a coma for three months, was in the hospital over five months, came out of it, came up with lymphoma, had to go to rehab to learn to walk, sit up feed himself. He lost over 100 pounds. Went home, was going to chemo, and so many doctors. Did he get anything for it , hell no he died six years ago, from another form of cancer mantle cell , which elvoved from the lymphoma. Had to bone marrow transplant after the second he passed away. Am I complain, damn right, his last hospital bill was over ten million. He’s medicines where three times a day over a hundred of them. Lost the house, lost the love of my daughter’s and my life. Took over five years to pay back all those extra hospital and drugstore bills. Did zadroga give us anything, no, they gave us a ride asking for thirty something years of what he made, all his medical records which cost over 2120.00 dollars. They want letters of how we felt from me and my daughter, and only for the last two years of his life. My daughter couldn’t go thru that again. But we are proud of the job my husband did for his country. And to all the other families, we are proud of you and pray for you.

• Bunny Reeves

April 8, 2016 11:25 pm at 11:25 pm

Damn Mrs Riley that is a bad deal..your husband was a good guy obviously and I have respect for him.
      Please look up Dr Judy Wood and her scientific research into what happened there that awful day..things that aren’t to do with who did it or why,but what happened and the scientific evidence to support it..it surely explains things like the kind of cancer your husband suffered.
      Anyway
      God bless you from the UK

14. Dave Falanga

January 27, 2016 6:07 am at 6:07 am

Glenn Beck, Kingdom Theology, and the Temple of the Antichrist

15. Westley

April 8, 2016 10:13 pm at 10:13 pm

This article is purposely vague. I’m not defending Beck and honestly I think he’s an absolute idiot. But perhaps he was making a statement that be hates the 9/11 victim families for how they continuously and constantly use the 9/11 tragedy to commercialize it and themselves. Some to gain fame, others for profit. However that’s just a possible theory with I giving him probably too much credit. But I wouldn’t be surprised if his intentions were just idiotic, because as far as I am concerned, the guy is an epic assclown….

16. roy rodger

April 9, 2016 9:27 pm at 9:27 pm

maybe he hates them for believing such an obvious attempt to clear land for the “greater Israel project”. search the greater Israel project. the chosen ones want their promised land and needed the land cleared of its enemies first. this was mossad, not muslims.

17. Kathy

April 11, 2016 7:21 pm at 7:21 pm

How dare he say that about the families he has not suffered on 9/11 he has NO right to speak what he knows NOTHING ABOUT. KATHY CAHILL PSIROGIANES 9/11 family

18. PAMELA JAMES

April 12, 2016 4:54 pm at 4:54 pm

EXCUSE MY CAPS….WHY IN THE HELL DO YOU MAKE A BLOCK STATEMENT ABOUT HATING THE VICTIM’S FAMILIES OF 9/11…WHEN IT’S ONLY 10…AND ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE DEALING WITH TRAGIC WEATHER.. ARE YOU JUST LOSING YOUR EDGE..SO YOU GO ON WITH THIS MISH MASH ABOUT VICTIMS. AND YOU LIKE CRUZ…WHY?

19. Bobby Brown

April 12, 2016 9:53 pm at 9:53 pm

Start hating the 9/11 perpetrators, and you damn well know who they are. Except for their Saudi financiers, the real criminals weren’t a bunch of towel-heads. They wear three-piece suits, hav manicured hands, and are driven by chauffeurs. Some have diplomatic immunity, some are subject to courts martial. Many are dual nationals. Many are foreign agents who woould be legally subject to DOJ registration, except for Congress’ law particularly exempting them.
    I’ve read your books, Glenn, you know what the deal is.

20. Bobby Brown

April 12, 2016 9:55 pm at 9:55 pm

Start hating the 9/11 perpetrators, and you damn well know who they are. Except for their Saudi financiers, the real criminals weren’t a bunch of towel-heads. They wear three-piece suits, have manicured hands, and are driven by chauffeurs. Some have diplomatic immunity, some are subject to courts martial, and many are dual nationals. Many are foreign agents who would be legally subject to DOJ registration, except for Congress’ law particularly exempting them.
    I’ve read your books, Glenn, you know what the deal is.

21. Anonymous

April 13, 2016 3:24 am at 3:24 am

Must suck to be irrelevant

22. Dave

April 13, 2016 4:17 pm at 4:17 pm

This is the “problem” with free speech. Along with the good stuff, there’s a lot of bad stuff. I can’t believe he said it, but I thank God he can say it. Screaming and yelling about it only increases his visibility.

The better alternative is to just not listen to him. If enough people turn him off, ratings drop, he has no show, he has no megaphone, he’s irrelevant.

Never forget – if you can silence him for saying something that you hate, someone else can silence the person you agree with just as easily. Our freedoms are precious and fragile. They are now under attack as never before. We MUST protect them.

Just turn him off. Don’t listen to him. Don’t give him a platform.

23. px fragonard

April 13, 2016 7:11 pm at 7:11 pm

Yes, you may be the only one, Glenn. Never happened to me. Still hasn’t.