Election

Au Revoir, Ted Cruz

WRITTEN BY: GEORGE LUJACK

Ted Cruz recently criticized Donald Trump for having “New York values,” and in doing so he delivered himself a self-inflicted wound that his campaign will not be able to recover from. With those comments, insulting as they were to all New Yorker’s everywhere – who share or do not share the New York values that Ted Cruz was speaking of, Cruz has alienated himself as someone who, as president or vice president, would not be a representative leader for all the people, but only for the people who share his values.

Screen shot 2016-01-18 at 9.53.12 AMWhen asked the question at the GOP Fox Business News debate on January 14, 2016, about his comments on “New York values,” Cruz did his best to backtrack and explain those values as being socially liberal, pro abortion, pro gay marriage, etc. The problem with Cruz’s explanation is that in declaring Trump has “New York values,” he insulted every man and woman in America that either lives in New York, or was once from New York, as sharing those liberal New York values, simply because they happened to be born in New York or because they once lived and worked in New York for a period of time in their life.

Screen shot 2016-01-18 at 9.55.20 AMTed Cruz now has a better chance of becoming Prime Minister of Canada, than he does for becoming President or Vice President of the United States. Trump brought up Cruz’s eligibility issue, as Cruz was born in Canada and was not naturally born in the United States, as a legitimate concern and that Cruz should have gotten this issue resolved and certified by a court before running for president and having this potential looming issue clouding his candidacy or that of another’s campaign if he were chosen to be their vice president running mate on the republican ticket.

Screen shot 2016-01-18 at 10.12.59 AMIn the wake of Cruz’s “New York values” comments and his Canadian birther issue, there is simply no way that Donald Trump will choose Ted Cruz to be his VP running mate, should Trump go on and become the GOP nominee for president.

Who will Trump choose to be his vice presidential running mate? Of all the candidates running for president, a pragmatic Trump might choose Marco Rubio. This would solidify and unite the GOP ticket, appeasing establishment republicans who would be represented by Rubio. Trump is a bold person however, and most often is not a pragmatist. That being the case, Trump may very well choose someone who is an accomplished individual, but not necessarily as well known politically; someone that shares his American values.

As they say in the French quarters of Canada, “Au revoir, Ted Cruz.”

Cruz Ship

14 Comments

14 Comments

1. Sue

January 18, 2016 12:18 pm at 12:18 pm

Wow. Im shocked Caden that you a conservative locally here in a bible belt state would even allow this garbage to be introduced. Aa one who lived in New York previously and coming from very many conservatives in and from New York as well as many democras their who share Ted Cruz’s thought process regarding the political values that New York state of mind polititions have. I have been from the beginning of your digital media a fan how ever it is far from conservative or even evangelical to see your digital media now seemingly promoting DT. I for one will no longer be a subscriber here in N.C

• Patrick

January 29, 2016 8:21 pm at 8:21 pm

Who cares, your Delusional.

2. David H.

January 18, 2016 3:09 pm at 3:09 pm

3. susan sanderson

January 18, 2016 4:04 pm at 4:04 pm

I hesitate to even check in here anymore, but here goes. Sue…run for your life from this site if you do not agree 100% with George “New York Values” Lujack and his support for Donald Trump! I agree with your assessment of the way things have degraded here at the Cowger Nation…it’s sad! In fact after this post I will delete this site from my favorites and not look for it again.

• Patrick

January 29, 2016 8:23 pm at 8:23 pm

Susan while you were out to Lunch, your Proctologist phoned and she found your head.

4. George Lujack

George Lujack

January 18, 2016 4:29 pm at 4:29 pm

Sue and Susan Sanderson, are you perhaps letting your emotions for Ted Cruz run away with you and letting your anti-Trump sentiments overwhelm your logical minds? I have provided analysis of Cruz’s “New York values” statement and the fallout that he will receive from it. You think I am wrong? I will bet each of you a NY bagel that I am correct in that Ted Cruz will neither be the GOP presidential nominee, nor will he be Trump’s VP pick.

• susan sanderson

January 18, 2016 4:52 pm at 4:52 pm

George, I’ll accept your bet. Cruz will win Iowa by a huuuuge margin! Then Trump will crawl back into his narcissistic tower and we won’t hear from the loser again. You know how to contact me. I’ll be looking forward to that bagel!

George Lujack

January 18, 2016 4:56 pm at 4:56 pm

Bet is on.

• Jane Goodwin

January 25, 2016 11:31 am at 11:31 am

I agree that Trump will not pick Cruz for VP. And Cruz will NOT be President. And Canada won’t want him to run for office up there either. Good Bye Cruz.

5. David H.

January 18, 2016 6:45 pm at 6:45 pm

I Miss them NY bagels….and them reubens too.

6. Jane Goodwin

January 25, 2016 11:28 am at 11:28 am

I agree about Cruz. But I absolutely DO NOT agree about the best remaining choice being Rubio. Rubio is even worse than Cruz, if that’s possible. I would NOT be happy if Trump chose Rubio as VP. There are good men out there that he can pick. I am sure he will make a good choice when the time comes. I don’t think even Canada would want Cruz. And We don’t want Curz, Rubio or Carson either. However, in a country of 350M people, and 1000s of us praying that Trump will be wise in his decisions, he will know who to choose.

7. Silvio Di Bartolomei

January 28, 2016 2:01 pm at 2:01 pm

I will subscribe to replace Sue. Like it or not, that was a fair analysis of what has happened with Cruz’s campaign.