Connect with us

Culture

Dating Advice for Guys: Whom should you date?

Bryan Fischer

Published

on

A man only courts a woman who loves God more than she loves him.

As you continue on the glide path toward mature manhood, the day will soon come when you will want to pursue a relationship with a girl who grabs your attention. You’ll be entering into the dating or courtship phase of your life.

These are perilous waters, and you want to navigate them in such a way that you can look back on these days without regret.

How do you do that? Number one, accept the parameters established by your father as long as you are living at home. Every father will have slightly different standards than other dads. That’s fine. Your job is not to compare your dad’s standards to anyone else’s. It’s to honor your father by accepting his standards and following them.

These standards will have to do with such things as whether your dad follows the courtship model or the more conventional dating model. His standards will deal with issues such as when you can start going on group dates, when you can start going on solo dates (in our house it was group stuff only until 16, then solo dates with permission and strict curfews), where you can go, and when you have to be back. (The day will come when you’ll be out having fun and want your dad to extend curfew. Well, call him, make your case, and then do what he says.)

Regardless of the approach your father takes, accept his guidance and follow his lead. He loves you more than any other father does. So follow his guidelines. Your father knows that the day will come when you will be on your own, away at college for instance, and will be in a position where you will have to make choices on your own. He’s got you on a glide path to prepare you for that day.

What about whom you date? When we talk about marriage, we’ll establish a principle: don’t marry anyone who doesn’t love God more than she loves you. It’s the same in dating. Dating, or courtship, is the process by which you seek a mate for life. It’s a process that should in the end lead you to the woman with whom you will spend the rest of your life.

That’s its ultimate purpose. So your desires for a lifelong mate should guide your dating and courtship decisions.

I remember a dating seminar in college, where our campus pastor used the analogy of being unequally yoked together. That’s a metaphor from the world of agriculture, in which two animals were put in the same harness to work a field together. Yoking two animals of different kinds just didn’t work because of differences in size, gait, and strength. You’d never, for instance, yoke an ox and a camel together. It would wind up being cruel and unfair to both.

So our mentor advised us against marrying anyone who didn’t share our deepest spiritual values. To do so would be to go through life unequally yoked which will wind up being bad for everybody. So naturally one of the guys raised his hand and asked, “Is it okay to date a camel as long as you don’t marry one?” Everybody laughed, but it was a good question. And the best answer is “No.”

My advice to you is don’t even date someone who doesn’t love God with her whole heart, soul, strength and mind. That ought to be a non-negotiable standard in dating as well as in marriage. You may have fewer dates that way, but trust me, you will also have fewer regrets.

Bryan Fischer is a senior columnist for Cowger Nation, and the radio host of Focal Point, where he provides expertise on a wide range of public policy topics.

Continue Reading
21 Comments

21 Comments

1. Dan

August 30, 2015 1:34 pm at 1:34 pm

The 40 Year Old Virgin: The Article

2. Anonymous

August 31, 2015 12:05 am at 12:05 am

Marriage is a satisfaction , then necessary for us to shield it. http://reviewxpro.com/how-to-avoid-divorce-and-save-the-marriage/

3. graicilasila

August 31, 2015 12:43 am at 12:43 am

4. Caiden's Boyfriend

November 30, 2015 11:55 pm at 11:55 pm

What about moms? Do they have rights as parents? Oh, of course not, because this was written by Bryan Fischer! They have to be completely subservient to the husband!

5. bitcoin symbol

February 9, 2018 5:38 pm at 5:38 pm

Thank you, I have just been looking for information about this subject for a while and yours is the greatest I’ve found out till now. However, what about the bottom line? Are you certain concerning the source?|

6. lasertest

February 17, 2018 5:09 am at 5:09 am

Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This
    is a really well written article. I’ll make sure to bookmark it and come back to read more
    of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I will definitely return.

7. Kellee Goldstone

February 18, 2018 5:25 pm at 5:25 pm

When riding I operate under the assumption that streets and roads may be used by cyclists unless prohibited by signage. Isn’t this the case?It appears to be me that sharrows’ be given the consequence of giving the sense that cyclists need permission to use a street or road to be a vehicle equal in status to any other.

8. all4webs.com

February 19, 2018 8:34 am at 8:34 am

Peculiar article, just what I was looking for.

9. www.mccsoppp2s.com

February 21, 2018 10:15 pm at 10:15 pm

You are actually requested to identify who supplied financial backing for the perform from the research and/or prep work
    from the write-up and also to briefly describe the job
    of the sponsor( s), if any sort of, in study style; in the collection, evaluation and also interpretation from information;
    in the writing from the file; as well as in the decision to submit the short article for publishing.
    authorizations, such as the Fda as well as For UNICEF, the lifecycle technique highlights the have to target
    nutrition programs to vital seconds in a person’s lifestyle.

Tim Johnson on the ABC NewsNow system, authorizations,
    including the Food and Drug Administration and In South america, for instance, efforts to strengthen and line up nourishment as well as agriculture
    interventions reduced stunting by 80 per-cent within a creation. Tim
    Johnson on the ABC NewsNow network, I additionally intended to utilize the
    full USDA data source of almost 8000 meals rather
    than the much smaller data source from around 1000 foods that I have set you back
    records for.

10. www.pronostica.com.co

February 22, 2018 3:53 am at 3:53 am

Interesting blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?
    A theme like yours with a few simple adjustements would really make my blog stand out.
    Please let me know where you got your design. Cheers

11. yoga halasana

February 22, 2018 11:58 am at 11:58 am

Hi there! I know this is kind of off topic but I was
    wondering if you knew where I could locate a captcha plugin for my comment form?
    I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having difficulty finding one?

Thanks a lot!

12. cla safflower oil walmart

February 22, 2018 12:42 pm at 12:42 pm

Hi there, I discovered your site by means of Google even as looking for a comparable topic, your site came
    up, it seems great. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.

Hi there, just turned into aware of your weblog via Google, and located that it’s truly
    informative. I’m gonna be careful for brussels.
    I will appreciate when you proceed this in future. Many folks shall be benefited from your writing.

Cheers!

13. neuropathy assessment tool

February 22, 2018 1:05 pm at 1:05 pm

Wonderful site. A lot of helpful info here. I am
    sending it to some pals ans additionally sharing in delicious.
    And obviously, thanks for your sweat!

14. 1 hour belly blast diet

February 22, 2018 2:03 pm at 2:03 pm

Heya i’m for the first time here. I came across this board and I find
    It really useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and aid others like
    you helped me.

15. shamir88bds

February 23, 2018 8:55 pm at 8:55 pm

I visit every day some websites and information sites to read
    articles, except this weblog offers quality based content.

16. appliance service Bend
home

February 23, 2018 11:50 pm at 11:50 pm

It’s amazing designed for me to have a website, which is good in favor of my knowledge.
    thanks admin

17. mobila italia online

February 24, 2018 12:26 am at 12:26 am

I have been surfing online more than three hours nowadays, but I
    by no means found any fascinating article like yours. It is
    beautiful worth sufficient for me. In my opinion, if all website owners and bloggers made just
    right content material as you did, the net can be much more helpful
    than ever before.

18. nail fungus black dots

February 24, 2018 3:13 am at 3:13 am

Informative article, just what I needed.

19. Viola

February 24, 2018 3:59 pm at 3:59 pm

Hey There. I found your weblog the usage of msn. That is a really well written article.
    I’ll be sure to bookmark it and come back to
    read extra of your helpful info. Thank you for the post.

I will definitely comeback.

20. dragon ball z mod apk

February 24, 2018 5:35 pm at 5:35 pm

Its like you read my mind! You seem to know
    so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something.
    I think that you can do with a few pics to drive the message home a bit,
    but instead of that, this is fantastic blog.
    A great read. I will certainly be back.

21. Floorstanding Poster Holders

February 24, 2018 7:09 pm at 7:09 pm

This is my first time go to see at here and i am
    really impressed to read all at single place.

Your email address will not be published.

Culture

THE MOST STUPID THING IN SPORTS/ATHLETICS TODAY: Transgender-women vs. actual women.

Jimmy Zulz

Published

on

I think that women are starting to react and push back a bit. Finally. This is easily the most stupid thing in sports, and it boggles my mind that the people running these events haven’t put a stop to it already. And that thing is: transgender women are competing with God-made women.

I will guarantee you that there are going to be some male athletes (not all and probably not most), who are unable to compete and win in male competition, so they think hey, this is a great way to be more successful in (fill in the blank).  So, they go through the surgeries and whatever is necessary to compete as a woman and… voila! Now, they are up at the top in competition.

I heard a possibly transitioning-man on sports talk radio (I’m sorry they’re even talking about this) call in and he said, “If the man is going to go through the hardship and painful surgery to become a woman, women in that sport are just going to have to suck it up and realize she’s every bit as much a woman as they all are.”

And that’s the problem: he-now-she is much more than the God-made women in that sport, so he-now-she has an enormous advantage. Strength and ability will likely be more than most women can compete with. It’s absolute bull-crap.

The fact that some women athletes are speaking up is why they were talking about it on the radio. At some point, these God-made women are going to have to DEMAND that trans-she-males will have to have their own division, because putting men in competition with women is flat out unfair. I can’t imagine why this wasn’t done immediately.

Continue Reading

Culture

MAKING KIDS GAY? Disney to begin indoctrinating and exposing children to homosexuality.

Caiden Cowger

Published

on

Tonight, Disney Channel is airing an episode of Andi Mack, featuring its “first gay coming-out story.” This episode will mark the primer of the show’s second season, and is directed at children ages 10 and up.

Andi’s friend Cyrus Goodman (played by Joshua Rush) will begin his coming-out journey as a homosexual. Disney is using a 15-year-old boy, Joshua Rush, as an instrument to promote the homosexual lifestyle, while also exposing Rush to homosexual behavior in the process. Disney Channel is actively participating in the corruption of a minor.

It is expected that this plot-line could potentially lead to underage, teenage boys participating in same-sex kissing. This perversion will broadcast to millions of teenagers and children across America, exposing them to homosexual behavior. Such programming can cause confusion in minors, leading them to question their sexual preference, starting at the young age of just 10 years old.

“‘Andi Mack’ is a story about ‘tweens’ figuring out who they are,” Disney Channel expressed in a statement earlier this week. “Everyone involved in the show takes great care in ensuring that it’s appropriate for all audiences and sends a powerful message about inclusion and respect for humanity.”

The story line also gained praise from the GLAAD LGBT advocacy organization.

“With more and more young people coming out as LGBTQ, Andi Mack is reflecting the lives and lived experiences of so many LGBTQ youth around the country,” the organization’s president and CEO, Sarah Kate Ellis, released in a statement. “Television reflects the real life world and today that includes LGBTQ youth who deserve to see their lives depicted on their favorite shows. Disney has been a leader in LGBTQ inclusion and there are so many young people who will be excited to see Cyrus’ story unfold.”

The first episode airs October 27, 2017, at 8:00p | ET.

Continue Reading

Culture

THE CO-ED SCOUTS OF AMERICA

George Lujack

Published

on

On October 11, 2017, the Boy Scouts of America’s board of directors unanimously agreed to allow girls to join the Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts, giving girls the opportunity to earn the highest rank of Eagle Scout.

“I’m saying that the Boy Scouts have a standard. You must be a biological boy to be a Boy Scout. You have to be a boy to be a Boy Scout.”

“Where is that written though?”

“In the name, ‘Boy’ Scouts.”
– Ben Shapiro

Not anymore, Ben. This is 2017 and this is the new progressive Boy Scouts of America, who announced that they will begin to allow girls to join their ranks.

What Ben Shapiro said however, is nonetheless true, “You must be a biological boy to be a Boy Scout. You have to be a boy to be a Boy Scout.” If the ‘Boy’ Scouts do not change the name of their organization to “The Scouts,” or something similar, the organization will be taking a stand in the cultural war on the side of liberal progressives over the issue of gender neutrality. Any girl who states, “I am a ‘Boy’ Scout,” will be unwittingly stating that she is a boy, even if she is a genuine scout, the type of girl who likes the scouting activities that the Boy Scouts provide and are involved in.

Although the Boy Scouts’ board of directors voted to allow girls to join their ranks, they were within their First Amendment Constitutionally protected right of freedom of association to deny them entry.

The Girl Scouts of America could wind up being a casualty of the Boy Scouts’ decision to recruit girls into their membership rolls. Back in August, the head of the Girl Scouts accused the Boy Scouts organization of a “covert campaign to recruit girls,” as a way to boost declining membership. If girls across America decide to join the Boy Scouts, en masse, it could mean the end of the Girl Scouts as a viable organization.

Other than the issue of a girl calling herself a “‘Boy’ Scout,” conservatives should not be overly concerned with co-ed scouting. Boys and girls have enjoyed a long history of sharing summer camp activities together in America, without becoming gender neutral. Boys will still be boys and girls will still be girls (most of the time).

“Girls will be boys and boys will be girls it’s a mixed up muddled up shook up world…”
– The Kinks, “Lola

However, the gender-neutral minded cultural elites would like to redefine the gender roles of boys and girls in society and confuse the gender identity of boys and girls, when possible, which is the real issue that is rightfully alarming to most Americans. Progressives have long sought to corrupt and neuter the Boy Scouts through social engineering, as they have likewise done in other institutions, and have now succeeded in doing so.

Continue Reading